Sunday, June 6, 2010

A friend indeed

It was a normal morning... everything was going on fine... we were supposed to take a drive to Jusco Kepong as bebe had her field duties today. With plans in mind for breakfast and a growling stomach looming, we hopped into our car and I turned the ignition switch...

*nothing*

I turned it again...

*nothing, and there was a funny ticking sound coming out of the engine bay*

That was it, Monster Sia finally had some problems with his electrical circuit. Was it the battery? Can't be... I've been maintaining it and refilling it with battery water every now and then.

Called my neighbour (and also former WPC club mate) Saiful a.k.a. "Barium". Down he came, so three of us rolled up our sleeves and pushed Monster to position for a jump start. Took out my jump-cables and connected them. Ironically, Monster did not start. Well, kinda thought that it must be some other problem.

"Is it the fuel pump?" Barium quipped. Then it struck me that Monster's fuel pump is due for replacement as well.

"Here, you can have my car first, but take care of my Wanee, okay?" Barium said, kissing his beloved ride on the rear left pillar. Hehe. So, I drove Wanee, brought my bebe to Jusco Kepong.

After bidding her a fond goodbye, I thought I should get on down to Taman Tan Yew Lai and pay Ah Guan a visit, to purchase a fuel pump. Called Wong Tai Sin (YSW) along the way... after describing to this vehicle expert my problem, he said it wasn't the fuel pump, but likely to be a starter motor or the battery itself, who knows?

Arrived at Ah Guan's place. CLOSED!

AAAHHH!!!! GROAN!!

Drove my ass back to Damansara, filled Wanee up to the brim at Petronas, and went to this friendly mechanic shop just opposite my house called Economechanix. The owner and the foreman were both very nice people. Brought the foreman over to the condo car park. He tried jump starting Monster. Monster came to life...

Now what the hell did Barium and I do wrong with the initial jump start??

Bought a new MF battery, paid RM210, and parked Monster back in place. Gave Wanee's keys back to Barium.

But I'm lucky it wasn't a major problem that involved towing, or I wouldn't know how the hell they'll drag Monster out of the car park on LG2.

THANKS BRO BARIUM!!! You were there when I needed your help, I'm very grateful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment