Friday, June 4, 2010

Thankful

I am truly thankful for being who I am. And yes, some friends made a remark, 'finally Michelle, you're realizing things we've known for so long'. And you guys should be wondering what am I thankful for.

I am truly thankful for being who I am. I went to PWTC in search for a job, happened to like a few (like, only 2 companies) and winded up being called by the boss of the company 1 hour after submitting my CV. I was surprised. In my mind, it was like, 'wah... I want to start work in July/August only. And you called me this early?'. And in my mind, I was half rejoicing and half dreading that the employer will ask me to start work in June.

Went for the job fair on Friday. Got a call on Friday. Scheduled for interview on following Thursday (went to Kenyir from Monday - Wednesday). Went in for interview on Thursday mid-morning. Nailed the job on the spot. Was requested to start early and in plain eagerness to join this awesome company, jumped in to agree to start in June.

I cannot say how much I regretted that 'yes, i can start in June' statement I made. I wished I could retract it back. But after 4 days there, I would say that I am thankful that I started in June. At least I am employed, I am keeping myself occupied and I am just plainly gonna absorb myself into the working world! Hooyah! Finally, Michelle is no longer a bum at home, sucking cash from family and bebe Sia Choon Howe ... hehe... I can smell independence (smell my 1st paycheck!)

Anyway, I was surprised that I nailed the job. Probably I was just too eager to start work and I just plainly loved the job. But I keep telling myself, 'no regrets now. Just concentrate on giving your best, your 1000% into everything you do. But do it respectfully. Do it right. Keep your head up high and not hide because of shame or that something wrong you do. Ask if you don't know. Smile and be friends with all. Lend a helping hand to those who needs. Guide those who are lost. Learn fast, learn smart. Blend in with the environment but at the same time learn to adapt to changes quickly'.

I am thankful that this job is something I want. Although I don't know what will happen in the future, but I want to have a fresh start. I want to go through life smoothly. I want to experience a life that I can one day tell my kids 'long long ago, before you were born'.... I really want to make a mark in my life. I want to draw something on my white sheet of paper. I want to experience the struggle and the successes and the depression of fighting for something I really want in life.

I want a career before I decide to one day have a child and devote full-time to bringing him/her up. And as long as that day has not come, I shall pursue in that something else that will bring me personal satisfaction; being independent and being able to afford things by myself.

And because all these were possible and it is growing, I am thankful....

No comments:

Post a Comment