Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Getting Married

The idea of getting married -- does it scare you?

Oh I forgot babes. We are married, legally. So, what's the fuss right?

But of course, life's not that simple. It's just not about "i go to work, i earn my paycheck, i come home, i cook, i eat, i poop, i brush teeth and sleep, tmr morning will be a better day" and i repeat the same cycle again.

How mundane life can actually be....

But anyway, life's not about hoarding cash in your bank account. Who says money cannot buy happiness? That wonderful trip to Korea, those tiny Android phones, those oh-so-cute plushies from TY or even those stupidly-priced ROSES during Valentine's Day...... It makes you happy, doesn't it? Even though sometimes it is just not practical at all!

But what they hey?! Do something you really want to. Buy something you really like. Make yourself happy.

Get the best looking gown for your wedding too, of course! But then again, we Chinese will always go through that annoying part in life called 'what will other people think?'........

Sometimes I think marriage is a bane. It is annoying, it gives me the creeps knowing that my life requires some 'cap SIRIM' approval from some people I never knew existed. Not to mention, people who tak ada kena mengena in our lives. Oh, so you mean you existed? Oh that's great!! (whispers: who the heck is that aunty? she didn't just call me fat aye?)

Maybe I am just scaring myself too much. Maybe it is not that scary after all..........

No comments:

Post a Comment