Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Renovating the house

It is not easy to renovate.Getting a place that's only 2 years old (but warranty period is over) is a headache. Couple that with 'i need to hack of all the tiles?!' headache, you're in for trouble.
But thank goodness I have a wonderful husband who is able to take care of most stuff. Working at odd shift hours have once again proven to be good. I wonder if I should jump ship too?

Back to the story....

Tiles may not be expensive, but workmanship is awesomely expensive.
Furnitures may not look expensive at the first glance, until you notice that the material used = not so good. And you start seeking for a 'better' furniture only to realize that it is the same but they charge you higher because they are in Midvalley.
Lighting and other fittings may look quite affordable if it is itemized. Sum it all up, you can laugh out loud if it does not touch RM1000 for a nice looking and affordable one.

But at the end of the day, it all boils down to whether you will like living in your new place or not. No point going for a cheaper alternative and only to think about an upgrade in only a short span of 2-3 years. Even if it means monthly installments for me. Oh well, I need to secure myself with a job for at least 2 years then....

For young friends who are reading this, it would be a good time to stash off some of those cash you've allocated for your weekly Starbucks affair, or those additional blows for something from LV/salvatore/Marc/whatever else..... Unless your parents print money (unlike mine of course or I'd be purchasing LVs without a hoot already!) it would be great to cut down on some 'additionals'. A little goes a long way.

Darn, I should have taken on 3 jobs during my university years instead of just those weekend part time ones...

Dang..... I still have the habit of calling it a house when it is sitting 2-digit high floor and away from ground zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment