Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happiness

Achieving happiness is something that not many people understood.

I had the privilege to meet up with Leon Chok's dad who shared quite a wonderful insight of life and suddenly made me want to be a vegetarian.

Human (in mandarin, Ren) is written with 2 strokes, and according to uncle, one is the body and another is the soul. And in order to achieve success (or to me, true happiness) we have to balance up both sides of life.

Being spiritual now? Not really. But reflecting on life itself. I learnt many things throughout my first month in 2010. I saw many shortcomings I had in 2009 and most were caused by anger that were never necessary. I have 2 strokes too, and when body's not happy, soul is never contented, giving myself that restlessness in the small tiny heart of mine.

Being successful is not measured by the depth of your pocket or the car you drive, but whether can you be able to afford something that you need, and that something that is essential in your life?

Balance is when we do things in moderation (remember Buddhism, the middle path?) and we have to also understand the cause and effect of our every action.

Meat (rou) is written with 2 human (ren) in it. Signifying that when we eat meat, we are eating 2 people. Can't really remember which but one of the Ren was the soul of the slaughtered animal.

The shallowness of my previous state of mind made me realize that there's more to just being a Christian that reads the bible, sing worship songs and after leaving the church, continue doing what I always do. And sadly I have even seen church members trying to exert authority unto someone I love. And when 'authority' comes into place, he/she acts like they stand between God and yourself. And when Uncle said about the success of a man being measured by the balance between the body and the soul, I immediately drew it back to myself. How did I do wrong and how can I rectify?

Not easy. But with marriage on the way, I guess another hurdle will be down soon, as in really sooooon. And i'm also trying to be more understanding and sensitive to the environment, take care of myself and not let myself put me in harm's way. And happiness is when I can do something I like without the guilt of doing so (no more ice cream?? no!!!) and I guess I might just be on the way to living my life to the max. I just want to live a life where I can die anytime because I know I have done all I wanted to.....

No comments:

Post a Comment