Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Internship Experience No. 1

Going back to University last week totally made me feel that I was no longer young, I was supposed to be out of college and I am just not fit to be a kid anymore.

I know some people would be yelling at me "ARE YOU KIDDING?"

I am gonna be 23 this year. And yes, how time flies. One moment I was in the hot seat, sleeping away for an A1 in Add Math, and the next moment, I realized that my University life is coming to an end!

What more can I say about my internship? The fact that I am already OLD makes me realize that nobody will ever want me as an intern anyway.

okay, will cut the crap and continue with my work here.

Anyway, life's been freakingly crazy towards me for the past 4 months (PLUS) i have been around. For the almost-23 years of my life, I was bumming around or was doing something I have always wanted to do. And one fine day, the funny BIG GUY 'upstairs' decided to put me through trials and temptations, tribulations and whatever not that is treacherous and mind killing.

Yes. Internship this final semester was scary....

But then, after maneuvering myself out of the black hole after awhile, I realized something. I really did learn something!

I learnt about the POLITICS of being a human being, how scary can one be, and how intimidated we can be of another person. And it is funny when people claim that 'there is no politics in this company' when it will always happen, there will always be politics if there are people around!

Except if the office is filled with genuine guys (not those guys who are like women, always talking the most and showing off his cash and make other guys dislike him, of course). But point being, wherever there are human beings, there's bound to be politics.

I have learnt many intricate details of life. And many I have known before but mistakes made actually reminded me that we do not learn from our past as much as we preach about it.

How awful life must be, being a human being. We are all hypocrites. And along with it, we are racists and we are all politicians. The only difference that distinguishes us from another is how we 'play the game' even though we are not wary of the 'game' we are playing......

But I am thankful for the opportunity I was given to learn something.

Sometimes, life is too short. We cannot afford to always have scrunched up eyebrows and unhappy faces. Gotta cut off those niggling strings and have more fun!

Yeah. This is POST #1 about internship. Haven't had much experience in Reina yet to talk about the second and the third phase on the transformation yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment