Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Me, a priest???

Mom just told me to post yet another blog for her, which I just did. This time round, it was about the 10th Anniversary of the ordination of Rev Father Peter Ng, who grew up and was finally ordained a priest in Batu Pahat.

Fr Peter was my mom's student back in the day when she was still teaching in my former school, SDBL. And while he was still studying Theology, there was this one day where he dropped by our house to visit my mom, and it so happened that my grandma was there as well.

So, amidst the chit-chat and all that, he actually asked my mom this one question, "Does Matthew want to become a priest?"

Okay, to be very honest, this was my reply, "No, I wanna have lots and lots of girlfriends" (I was only about 13 or 14, perhaps at that point in time, what did I know?)

Now, 15 - 16 years later, and happily about-to-be-engaged to my darling Michelle, I thought of this incident and I guess, frankly, that this will be the result if I were to be a priest:
  1. I'll probably be the only one in the entire Vatican hierarchy who listens to Black Metal
  2. My sermons will revolve around using Mathematics to decode the existence of God
  3. My sermons will also involve quoting Lord Buddha
  4. I'd probably be preaching about earth being the living hell, and we have to earn our way to heaven - failing which we'll be reincarnated again
  5. I'll be kicking my own ass every night when I have dinner ALONE
  6. I'LL PROBABLY BE EXPELLED AND PROCEED TO GET HITCHED TO SOMEONE ANYWAY!
Haha, not a good example to the parishioners, me thinks? But point being (and I strongly believe in this), God (or by whatever way you refer to Him as) has already done His homework as to what everybody's destiny is. If you're not destined to be somebody, you'll end up ultimately not being that somebody even if you were that somebody for a moment in time in your life.

[I'm currently a certified accountant (CPA), working as a global financial analyst with Hewlett Packard. Would it surprise you to know that I actually studied Investment Banking during my university years? The stars in heaven have determined that Matt Sia and Investment Banking will never be a match. Hell, I'm having a good time in HP anyway... :D]

Anyway, back to work... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment