Sunday, November 14, 2010

If only people can stop comparing and start living

I had a friend who loved comparing.

I had, because she is no longer in my friend's list. All the better if she is snooping around here, looking for a better thing to compare with me. I recommend you to read it!

It started off with the LAPTOP. Mum bought me a Dell laptop Inspiron, like, 4 years back. Old story. At that point, ATI 256MB was a wow thing. And my laptop was the first to have the plastic covering, which is conveniently replaced by the sticker that you can print and put on the laptop. It was basically, first generation or the first of its kind. Laptops used to be BLACk or WHITE or SILVER only. Mine was the first with blue color

She bought her XPS. Upset that XPS didn't have the colored cover, she went to the acrylic shop guys to customize a cover for her laptop. Just because she couldn't have any. Not to mention when the sticker thing hit the shores, she was the first to grab. Like as though I want to stick anything on my poor laptop only to peel it off and endure sticky laptop cover till dust totally covered its stickiness... No thanks...

Next came handphone. Just because another friend had N80, she had to show off too.

Note: Her parents paid for her university fees without any loans. She applied for PTPTN and used it to purchase whatever she wanted. Those people who needed PTPTN who did not get, these are the people you should hate.

After awhile, she still kept her grudge. She finally bought a smartphone. A Blackberry, to be precise. I was too sick and tired to bother about her anymore at that point in time. Like, oh come on woman. It's not like your beautiful handphone is going to show that you are better off than us peasants.

Don't you wonder why such people actually existed?
Are they here to just compare with you, make you feel useless, hoping that you will keep up to the trend of having everything new and show no remorse in splashing money on unnecessary evil?

She laughed at our friends who drove kancils or locally made cars. Had her eyes glued on guys with at least a Vios and above. Its okay, it is her choice. But then, she asked her father for a car. Parents are paying for her education fees like coughing out blood already and she demanded for a car. Her dad bought her a 2n hand kancil. Of course, we secretly laughed at her. But she knew it.

When I was down and out in early 2008, I shared with a few friends about the prospect of having a better life in New Zealand. I so wanted to leave the shithole in UCSI at that point, and of course she heard. She went off first. Needless to say, I did not go. Suddenly had a change of heart. Just couldn't leave my parents, can I?
 She had to just call and tell me, 'hey... when are you coming to New Zealand?'. Phew, I changed my phone number already...

So i guess, if she finds out I am married, she would want to get married too?

If she realizes that we are relocating to a new home, she'd want that too?

Now, con another man into marrying her? And get a rich guy so she could have a big bungalow as a wedding gift from her in-laws?

No thank you, Jessica. If you are reading this, I am pleased to let you know that I am not interested in what ca you are driving. I am not interested in the La Senza and xixili that you purchase. I am least interested in the type of handphone you use, neither would I care if you have a rich boyfriend who looks like Hugh Jackman.

If other people aren't sick of you comparing, I am. Please live your own life. Or probably you just cannot stop comparing. Maybe you just like to feel superior because you have the best that money can buy. But you never lived. Never. Never lived for your own self. Just wanted to outdo everyone and belittle others. You have done so well to many others, but as much as others want to keep up with you, I want to tell you that I am sick of bothering about your life, your whimsical fancies, your I-am-better-than-you-biatch attitude and all.....

I am happy that you do not have my phone number and I am not willing to invite you to my wedding. Why invite a person who wants to steal the spotlight? Oh yeah, spotlight will make your make up melt, darling. If you want, I'll personally get HELLA lighting for your car on your wedding so you can have all the spotlight in the world.

We don't need another person coming up to us and say, 'Wah... so pretty ah... You must come to my wedding next month at this place. The ballroom upstairs is bigger, food is more grand. We have abalone and shark's fin as well, you know? Very expensive. I didn't invite other cheapskate friends. Just you only leh.'....... Don't think I don't know your way of selling yourself.

If I get a bag from Braun Buffel, she would get a bag from LV because it much more expensive. Why would such people even exist? As if capitalism isn't bad enough. We have mini capitalists around, just hoping to show off to feel better about themselves. Please wake up. It doesn't mean that we are driving a Proton now, we are doomed to only own locally assembled cars. By the way, leads me to the next thing. Did you know that Proton car doors have a more solid sound when it is closed as compared to your tin can car? Thanks for looking down on ours by the way..... Try smashing into a Vios. It is not as hardy as you think it is.... And take a Waja and roll it down a ravine. My husband's car club member survived with just scratches and cuts, even when his car had no air bags......

No comments:

Post a Comment