Sunday, November 14, 2010

There is no such thing as money is enough

Hate this post?

Me too..... But money will never be enough. If it was, Donald Trump will stop doing all he is out to do. Richard Branson will not waste more brain cells. Our big corporate companies will just decide to take it slow for Q4 sales.

Dreaming and hoping for all these to happen?

Fat hope. Human beings are greedy. They are hungry for more. Give a child a sweet when you have 3 different flavours. Chances are, if the child is brave enough to ask you, he/she will ask for all 3 flavours to try.

Want more money?

Everyone wants more. And thanks to that, we are all suffering from inflation. More money, our money is becoming 'bigger' but the value of RM10 totally decreased itself to only mean a meal for two at Old Klang Road, or one person's meal with a simple drink at Mc Donalds (not during lunch hour... hahaa)

Gone were the days where 30sen was all we needed for a plate of mi goreng? Remember those days? A loaf of bread was less than RM1.50. Now, close to RM3. Twice the amount.

Our fathers were paid probably RM1300 when they first started their jobs. We are paid RM2000 at our present times. But prices of our necessity is so much more than the amount we are getting as our monthly income.

Screw the 'I want to travel every year' idea. You are just there to work till the day you die. All the money you have saved over the years for your child, they will spend and splurge as they want. All their tuition fees, ballet class, piano class, art class, more tuition classes, stupid milk with too much DHA to make your child 'smart' and give you high blood pressure..

Sometimes, because of money, some people just stop living. Stop living because they are convinced that for their entire lives, they will never be rich enough to own bungalows and big cars. They just stop dreaming bigger because they feel more hurt inside.

I feel hurt not because my hubby is driving a nice red car. But I feel hurt because he wants to buy a bigger car but he has to pay for the house and he doesn't want me to pay for anything at all. What's the use of me even working and saving up? It's not like I will be doomed to get x amount for 20 years, right? If it was the case, why don't I just quit working?

I hate the prospect of money ruining people's lives.

And I hate it more when people become competitive in a way that they want to compare what they have and what you have.

Get a life.

I love my small red car. I love my 606 sq feet home. At least I know my husband is paying a 5-yr loan for the car and we are not renting an apartment. No point driving a big car when we take 9-yr loan. After all, with terrible road conditions and irresponsible car manufacturers claiming that they produce 'good' tin can cars and selling it at exorbitant prices. nah, 100km is still 100km. Mileage doesn't change just because I drive a BMW. 100km is still the same. I pay more petrol for the same distance. Highway speed limit is still 110kmh in malaysia....

Screw the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment