Wednesday, November 3, 2010

One thing you can ask for

If there is ONE thing you can ask for... What will you want?





I used to wish for double eye lids because I truly understand the bane of being single eye-lidded, fat/chubby and ugly.

I wished to be slim and pretty like a model...

I badly wanted to have beautiful and glamorous curly hair that you see in the movies....

I wanted sooo badly to be a singer even though I croak sometimes

I wanted to be really talented in music but quickly threw the idea out when I saw how people trained in order to be the best :( (yucks.. i hate practicing)

There are just tooooo much I want in life that deviated me from what I truly want in my life.....



It would sound darn mushy (not to mention, yucks!) if I were to openly declare "SCH! It's you I ever wanted in my life" although definitely it would have been that.... but...

I want to be able to look at everything I have and at every night, before I go to bed, I say a silent prayer to thank the omnipresent being for not deciding to pull the plug on me and allowing me to have what I have now.

I may not be able to walk into the LV store and get myself that ugly looking LV-macam-pasar-malam bag. I may not be able to afford that document bag from Braun Buffel (RM999) and I am stinging on my money when it comes to replacing my old & always-hang-gila-mau-mampoi phone......

But with all those I forfeited, I guess I need to look back and think of all the things I have in my life that makes me live comfortably. Living rent-free, petrol-charges-free and free breakfast & dinner. It is an amazing life.

One friend told me before that she heard a boy from a rural area (during a camp) say, his greatest wish is to be able to step into KFC and have a meal there.

We laugh at it because it really sounds silly. But to them, the financially-poor children in rural area, it is not funny. It depicts their social status and what they have been deprieved of just because they were born into their family.

But at the same time, with 10 siblings, of course the fun they have in the streams and rivers in a kampung is  so much better as compared to the boringness a child from KL who has alot of toys and no siblings would ever have.

It is always a matter of perspective :)

No comments:

Post a Comment