Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tyrant kids

2 days ago, hubby and I went to C to makan. As usual, Dui Dui Min just looked too good that we were attracted to the food there (again!)

What was supposedly a wonderful meal became a meal with solence+rolling eyes for us instead.

2 kids, we are of the opinion that they are twins; came about with their mother. Bear this in mind. The children should be at least 8 - 10 years old, judging from the minimum age according to height. Might be older but definitely not younger than 8.

Thought your 2 year old who does not understand language is difficult to handle? Try these 2 kids.

Kid A (in pink) came about and started climbing on the stool and jumping.

Kid B (in blue) was walking around the aisle where the waiters served food, i.e. blocking and posing as a hazard at that particular location.

Mother comes in, looks at Kid A and tells her in a soft manner, 'Mei... Get off the chair. Your shoes are dirty'. The kid continues to stand on the stool, trying to look at a softboard attached to the wall beside the stool. Powerless mother. Ptui. Hubby and I rolled our eyes.

After 30 seconds she was still on the chair, after her mother told her to get off. She raised her voice (probably less than 5%) and told her to get off. 'Mei, your shoes are dirty. Your stool is now dirty. Get off'... And Kid A got off reluctantly.

Kid B was holding a yogurt drink in her hand. Not the small bottle. The big one. Drank off the bottle while standing in the middle of the aisle, again posing as a hazard to all people passing by. Mother told her to sit down, she ignores. Mother keeps quiet.

Kid A and Kid B suddenly took an interest in the lady who was preparing noodles. Somewhat like wanton noodles, this pan mee needs hot water to ensure it is cooked. The lady was trying to remove the noodles from the hot water, the 2 children stood so close, they might be hurt by the spilling hot water when the noodles were removed. The lady told them to not stand too close. They ignored. Instead, put their hands above all the other ingredients at the stall, staring, chattering and basically dirtying all the ingredients there with their chattering and moving hands. No wonder why I had diarrhoea that night! (naah.. maybe because I had been cursing these kids, retribution time? whatever....)

Kid A got back to the seat. Kid B still stood in the aisle. She had a thing for the aisle, I reckon. And the lady preparing my food was trying to pass me my long-awaited-yummylicious-dinner when this Kid B nearly backed into her.

Both hubby and I were so evil. We wished that the lady would have spilled the hot soup on the annoying kid to teach her a lesson. But nah, the guy upstairs had to be merciful at that point in time. No accident happened.

Fine and be it. We makan..... Kid A was chatting with the mother and for some reason, her mother kinda 'hit' her. Not really hit as it bashing or hitting because she was naughty. I was too engrossed in my yummy food, didn't notice what happened. But she told her mother off, 'you cannot do this to me. I'll hit you back' (literally translated from Mandarin)

Hubby and I rolled our eyes. If it were our fathers, one slap across the face already. No mercy shown.

After we ate, we paid and left. Went to C to purchase something. Came out, saw Kid A running around alone. Kid B and mum were still eating. Kid A roamed around, pushed a trolley, abandoned it at the side, did whatever else, posed as a hazard in the aisle with people and waiter passing by again, and more stuff that I wouldn't dare to do when I was a kid.

Now, do you know why I DON'T intend to have children yet?

I am not about to become somewhat like this useless, powerless mother whose words are just as useless as her authority as a mother. So what if they were twins? Just because they were special, you could spoil them more? Let them have it their way?

Never in my life I've seen 8 year olds behaving like that. Girls!!!

Gosh... I really hope I won't become like this mother who obviously gave in too much to their kid. My child will at least learn how to respect people for the first 15 years before they become full-fledged and hot-blooded teenagers. At least..... Not having 8 year olds yelling at their mother. Reminds me of one of my annoying cousin too, who hits his father and scolds his mother. If he was my kid, I'd have used a hot brand  to brand his mouth and arse. Seriously, he is rude and it is because his parents allowed him to.

It is a huge responsibility to be a parent. So stop trying to push us to have a kid. It is not as simple as giving birth and hoping that the child turns out good. If not given the right condition and care, however good a child may be, he/she might not have the best environment to grow in.

No comments:

Post a Comment