Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Raising Children

Not a very easy task. Being a parent, a heavier responsibility.

But unfortunately, most people do not see it this way anymore. We all fail to see the difference in each individual.

One person may love to eat mango, another just hates oranges and another swears by watermelon. We have different tastes at different times. I won't take pineapple for breakfast, neither will I have durian right before I sleep. But some people I heard of took Coke and durian with chicken rice.

Anyway, back to the topic of having children. What frustrates me most is the fact that there are just too many people asking us when we are deciding on having a baby. Like, seriously? Chinese wedding & Church ceremony is not over yet, I do not expect a baby to pop up in between planning. Might even suffer a miscarriage if I tried. Some people just don't think, do they? After all, most of them were men jabbering the poor husband when he was going to be a father.

Of course, the issue of 'wife/husband unable to have kids' remain sensitive, despite the Earth going to a standstill. Ever heard of people saying, 'you know, his wife is barren... cannot have their own kids one leh'... Oh, like you didn't know, it is pretty normal for women/men to be infertile nowadays. Worse still, some couples are humiliated because they just did not want to have kids in 5 years time and people started talking behind their backs about how the wife is supposedly unable to reproduce. And yes, after that, this family suddenly had 7 kids. And I happened to be a proud friend to one of  their child :)

Human beings are just evil.

Raising children these days, they just scare me. Piano classes, ballet, guitar class, gym, aerobics, art, music, typing, computer, english, BM, mandarin, german, french, japanese (forgive the non-capital letters, sick of caps-ing all)................ don't kids these day have rest at all?

5 times more DHA? Oh come on..... How did we all survive without those DHA thingey in the past? We were alright, could even score 100% in subjects and made our parents proud without drinking those DHA-filled milk.

Oh, btw, didn't you know that our body can also produce/take in needed nutrients?

Nah, may don't know. Children nowadays may seem lucky, but in fact they are too 'lucky' that they have never seen worms in real life, neither have they bathed in streams, gotten bee stings and recuperating from a swollen cheek, kickboxing with friends of other race/religions together without t-shirts, and many other things that kampung kids have but they don't.....

Raising children these days became a competition. Parents use their kids to compare with others just to feel more superior than another. "Oh, my Gavin scored 100% in Math, what about your Michelle?"

I love mum for always replying, 'my children are all very stupid one la. No need to compare'....

Anyway, I don't score 100% on an average basis, but I still delivered my A's. Not good enough? 80% of my friends, if they knew I hated to be compared with these people, they would have thrown eggs at these few idiots.

As a child during the 80s/90s, we already had so much to deal with. What more now? And education is not free in our friggin' country. What's worse than paying for little kid's university fees? Yeah, purchase another study plan for my kid and donate RM100/month to one of these insurance companies only for them to go bust. Or to only find that our kid doesn't want to study anymore due to too much pressure.

Kids have Nursery, K1 K2 in kindergarten classes? OMG! I only entered kindy at 6 and of course by 7 was in a school already! What happened to the 5-year old kid spending time with mommy to bake cookies and messing up the kitchen in the process?

That's it. I will quit my job and take care of Mervyn/Melanie/whoever these idiots will be (my kids) to avoid them being spoilt by maids. And I shall home-school them till probably 6 and send them to primary 1 after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment